The phones we currently use in this school district are known as VoIP phones. VoIP stands for; Voice over Internet Protocol. Which basically means all of our phone calls go over the same networks as our internet, instead of going over older analog lines. This gives us the ability to allow every classroom to have their own phone, phone number, and voicemail to receive missed phone calls.
One of the most commonly asked questions we receive about the phone system is how to record a greeting for your voicemail. Recording a greeting for your voicemail is a very easy and straight-forward operation:
- Either press the Vmail button on your phone -or- Dial *62
- Enter your 6 digit passcode, followed by the # key (if you are unsure of your passcode or you get a message stating you are locked out, please submit a Help Ticket to have your account reset and a new passcode sent to you.)
- Follow along with the prompts to record a new greeting -or- choose one of the following options:
- 1 - Access Voicemail
- 3 - To Access Greetings Menu
- 5 - To record an Announcement
- 8 - To change your passcode
- After pressing 3 to access your greetings menu, it will prompt you to press 1 to record your name. This is where you can either say your name or leave a small greeting for those looking to leave you a voicemail.
- Once you have finished your recording and followed the prompts to save your greeting, your voicemail ready for any calls that you miss.
You can access your voicemail from any phone in the world!
If you are within the school district using a district school phone, you can do the following to listen to your voicemail:
- Dial *62
- As soon as you hear the computer start to talk, press the * key again.
- It will now ask for your 3 digit extension number, followed by the # key
- Now enter in your 6 digit passcode
- You are now in your voicemail inbox and ready to listen to your messages.
If you are outside of the school district you can do the following to listen to your voicemail:
- Dial your direct school phone number (ie: 207-648-9330, it will vary building to building, please ask a building secretary for the proper prefix for your individual phones)
- Press the # key when you hear it ringing, this will send you straight to your voicemail.
- Now press the * key when you hear your greeting, this will send you to your voicemail inbox and it will ask for your 6 digit passcode
- Now you can access your voicemails as if you were right at your district phone.