Google+ will be undergoing changes within the next 60 days.
To prepare for the changes, please upgrade to the latest version of Google+ and try it out now. This is a pretty simple process:
- If you’re using Google+ on your computer, look for the “Try the new Google+” link on the bottom left corner of your screen. Click on it, and that’s it! If you instead see the “Back to classic G+” link, then you’re already on the latest version of Google+. You don’t need to do anything else.
- If you're using the Google+ mobile app, simply upgrade to the latest version of the app from your respective Play Store / App Store.
Google has also provided some resources to help with the transition:
- Help Center: user help forum with articles on getting started with the new Google+.
These functions will no longer be available in the new Google+ and after the 60 days you will no longer be able to switch between classic Google+ and the new Google+:
- Creating Events (users will still be able to view and delete existing events).
- Initiating Hangouts chats from Google+ (users will still be able to use Hangouts through the Hangouts app, on Gmail, or at hangouts.google.com).
- Using or creating Hangouts on Air (HOA) from Google+. Note: users will still be able to create new live streaming sessions using YouTube Live. Users will also still be able to view and delete existing HOA data.