The US Department of Homeland Security has issued an alert for a software program called QuickTime for Windows. This alert urged the public to uninstall Apple QuickTime for Windows because of two vulnerabilities. Originally designed by Apple, this product has been discontinued, meaning no new updates will be made to fix the vulnerabilities.
We urge you to check your computer for this software and remove it.
1. If you are not sure if QuickTime is installed on your Windows computer, click the Start button and
select Control Panel.
2. Look for Programs and click on Uninstall a Program.
3. A list of all software installed on your computer will appear.
4. Look for QuickTime. If it is not in the list, then you have nothing to worry about. Exit Control
Panel and enjoy your computer.
5. If you find QuickTime in the list, click it with the right mouse button and then click Uninstall.
When it finishes uninstalling QuickTime, just exit Control Panel and you are good to go.
Remember, always practice safe computing.