- Backup on a Regular Basis
- Install the Google Drive app on your computer, everything you save into the Google Drive folder will be automatically backed up to your Drive (when you have internet access). See this Drive Help page for more information.
- Restart or shutdown device daily (or at least weekly)
- Closing the lid does not fully restart the computer. You must click on the Apple and select Shutdown or Restart to completely restart the device.
- Quit applications you are not using
- Simply clicking on the red X or red dot does not close the program. Command + Q, or selecting Quit from the program drop down menu completely closes the app.
- Close open tabs in web browser.
- Having too many tabs open can cause poor performance including ability to stream to Apple TV. There are extensions available to automatically suspend or save tabs.
- Empty your trash.
- On a Mac, click and hold on the trash can and select “Empty Trash”.
- Keep up with your updates.
- Turn on Automatic Updates
- In the rare instance that an update should not be done, technology will send notification through the messaging system.
- Do not allow others to use your account or computer.
- Remember that anything done within your account or on your computer is tied back to you.
- Always carry your computer in its case outside of a classroom.
- Shutdown / Restart devices once per a week
- Update software at the end of the day once a week (After 2:15 PM)
- Make sure the Airwatch Agent app is running
- Shut down apps completely(Except the Airwatch Agent app)
- Double tap the home button and swipe the app up to shutdown the app.
- Before leaving at the end of the day make sure iPads are in the cabinet charging, and the cabinet is locked