Thursday, February 16, 2017
Do you love using Epic! in your classroom? (Not sure what Epic! is? Click here to find out.) Do you want another reason to love it even more? Then join our BE Epic! Student Book Group. Each month, the elementary tech coaches will put together a collection of books in Epic! that you can assign to your students. Along with each book, we'll also provide a QR code that will link to a Padlet where your students can post their response to a question about the book. Elementary students across the district will have a blast reading in Epic! and using the corresponding Padlets to see how their peers are enjoying the books as well. Don't miss out on this awesome opportunity to hook in even your most reluctant readers. Your students will love the challenge of trying to read our whole collection , and you'll love watching their reading engagement, stats, and achievements grow. Contact your tech coach if you'd like help participating in our BE Epic! Student Book Group. We'd be happy to assist and model the process for you and your students.
Due to the weather, all MSAD 6 Schools are closed and Central Office will open at 11AM today, Thursday, February 16, 2017.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Due to the weather, all MSAD 6 Schools and Central Office will be closed Monday, February, 13, 2017.
Thursday, February 9, 2017
As a way of helping Bonny Eagle users understand the size and scope of the network that they use every day, I thought I would share some network trivia.
· The MSAD6 network spans fourteen sites… BEHS, BEMS, six elementary schools, Alt Ed, Transportation, Technology/Adult Ed., and Central Office. We also have equipment at two third-party sites that are just used to route network traffic around the district.
· MSAD6 has almost 5,700 devices connected to the network. This includes MacBook Airs, ChromeBooks, iPads, servers, telephones, printers, security cameras, door controls for security, and some miscellaneous desktops (like kitchens, custodians, and libraries).
· On an average day almost 9,400 devices get an address and use the network.
· If we issue 9,400 address and have 5,700 district-owned devices, that means there are about 3,700 personal devices using the network, like your cellphones and iPods.
· Our connection to the Internet, located at BEMS, is 70 times faster than your average household Internet connection. You can think of your household connection is like a soda straw and the district connection is like a large fire hose.
· On an average day, about 60% of the Internet traffics is used by BEHS and 25% by BEMS. All the other buildings use the final 15%.
· While the Internet is VERY large, it is also VERY fast. If you do a Google search from a school, on average it takes 300 one-thousandths of one second for your message to get there.
· That Google search is actually received and forwarded by about 20 devices between MSAD6 and the Google site.
So, the next time you think that the network is slow, remember that there are an awful lot of users and devices using it all at the same time. And once your request leaves the MSAD6 network, it needs to make a lot of hops to get to the destination. And once it leaves our network, we have no way to see or control what happens to your message.
Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Due to inclement weather, all MSAD 6 Schools are closed and Central Office will be opening at 11 AM. Have a safe day.